BAHRS SCRUB - BIODIVERSITY JEWEL
- exploited for land space to build houses
For 12 species of rare or threatened species to exist in an area this size is extraordinary. The following flora are included as E = Endangered, V = Vulnerable, R = Rare.
- Giant Ironwood (Choricarpia subargentea) R
- Bahrs Scrub Croton (Croton mamillatus) E
- Long-leaved Tuckeroo (Cupaniopsis newmanii) R
- Small-leaved Tamarind (Diploglottis campbellii) E
- Veiny Fontainea (Fontainea venosa) V
- Bailey's Indigo (Indigofera baileyi) R
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia) V
- Forest Milk Vine (Marsdenia coronata) V
- Red Coondoo (Planchonella eerwah) E
- Bahrs Scrub Devil's Apple (Solanum mentiens) E
- Scrub Pea Bush (Sophora fraseri) V
- Hairy Hazelwood (Symplocos harroldii) R
This Powerpoint Presentation by Glenn Leiper gives more information about some of the unique Flora to be found in Bahrs Scrub. It has been converted into a PDF document for you to view or download.
Click bahrs-scrub-flora.pdf to open Bahrs Scrub Flora.